Tuesday, July 24, 2012

CHA and a Class With Anna!!!

One of the high lights for me at CHA, (besides hanging with Krissy, Kim and Barbara) was to finally meet my good online friend Anna Dabrowska. And she even managed to sneak Kim and I in to do a Make and Take with her in the Prima Booth. It was one of the best Make and Takes at the whole show. For me anyway. Anna taught a layout using 1 sheet of white card stock, scraps from Primas Sun Kiss Collection, some flowers, wood buttons, a stamp and color sprays. Did it in less than 30 minutes. Here is my layout completed.


Here is a closeup of  the flower cluster.


This is a closeup of the photo mat.


I just fussy cut the sweet butterflies from the scrap pieces of paper. 


And here is the layout with adding the photo of Anna and I at the Prima booth after our wonderful class. she is an awesome teacher!!


Here is the photo of Anna and I closeup.


There were 5 of us at the class. It was amazing to see  how everyone's layout came out so differently. This is the one that Kim did. Isn't it beautiful!! We had so much fun!!



 And here is Kim and Anna after the class.


Here I leave you with 2 of the most incredible works by Anna. To see these 2 pieces  in real life was just amazing!! The woman is a real artist using mixed media at it's best!!



9 comments:

  1. WOW! Your piece turned out beautiful! So did your friends piece. Anna's, I just absolutely LOVE!! I've been wanting to try mixed media and find all of these rather inspiring! Does Anna have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa, gorgeous! I'm taking three classes from Anna on Thursday and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout with the added photo. It was so much fun working/playing beside you. Anna was the best wasn't she. Those canvases are just mesmerizing in person aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful opportunity to meet and spend time with Anna. I so admire her work (and yours!!). Love the LO you created!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did a class with her right after CHA and it was fabulous!! she is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layout honey!! It's so colorful and perfect! Simply amazing, and what an honor to have Anna teach you she is an amazing artist! I cannot wait to meet her too!!

    Big hugs! Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is lovely...but so totally unlike your usual style. The two pieces of art you posted of her are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Lisa! This looks FABULOUS! I cannot believe that you did this is just 30 minutes!!!! You look great in the photo and I bet you had lots and lots of fun at CHA

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!